Tuesday 20 November 2007

Week 8: Lighting

Okay so finished off some last little tweaks on the texturing this week and then moved onto lighting my scene. I've been in charge of experimenting with the lighting and I'll duplicate similar effects in everyone elses envrionment sections so that everything remains generic and flows.

The style I have used has tried to make the lighting really intensifying and generally making the streets seem incredibly hot. Ive put a sphere around the environment and and put a big glow on this to basically wrap around all thwe edges of the geometry joining to the sky.


On the other lights ive used mainly spot lights to cast some long shadows and catch specular. Also from these I've experimented with some lens flare. This has a slight yellow/orange tinge so that it conveys the feeling of heat again.



In the alley I've used a series of downlighting spot lights to cast shadows quite intensely and this then contrasts quite well to the streets on wither side of the alley which are really bright. I think the lighting helps to break up the intensity of the whole piece and will clearly show changes in the environment.

The end section of the street is quite intensely lit also and this leads on nicely to the courtyard. It makes it seem like the cat is 'going towards the light'.

No comments: